Thursday, April 10, 2014

A Slight Pause on Ashes of the Fallen to Work on Oriele the Wanderer

I have not really worked on Ashes of the Fallen lately.  I have instead been working on converting an old campaign into a novel form.  I'm going off old records from a Dungeons and Dragons campaign I hosted.  It was originally set in Forgotten Realms, but for obvious reasons I couldn't keep the story set in that world.  So I've made a few alterations to the story.  Hopefully I'll have this story done soon, and then once it's up I'll go back to working on Ashes of the Fallen.
My brother was even nice enough to draw the cover for me for free.  So not much more to say concerning my writing.  Well type more when I have more to type, until then later.  But before I go completely, here's a little sampling of Oriele:

THE BLACK GATE


  The crowded streets of Havan overflowed with women and men drunk on song and wine, too lost in their own carousing and accustomed to strangers to seeking fortune and adventure to notice one more adventurer.  Even one so strangely attired as this black cowled figure that made her way through the throng, her unique robe with it's silver intersecting lines of runes resembling a myriad of interlocking spiderwebs; but only a keen eye that peers deeper then ordinary people would notice the silver threads imbued with magic sewn into the black robe.  And one would need to possess an even keener mind to recognize the arcane nature of the sorcery within those linking runes, though the power these runes in particular gave could not be easily ascertained by one such person merely catching a glimpse of them.
   The black clad sorcerer's sharp ears took in the surrounding noise about her, the clacking of her sorcerous staff muffled by the boisterous shouts and singing of drunks.  Pushing these disturbing noises to the corners of her awareness, her thoughts swirled upon the myriad questions that troubled her mind.  Questions whose answer would burn her to the core, yet the desire for knowledge and truth burned ever a greater inferno within her soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment