Thursday, January 24, 2013

A Return To An Old Tale

I started work on another novel project.  One that has been long on my back burners.  I am working on two novel projects.  The First you all know as the Ashes of the Fallen Series; which I have plotted out to 8 books roughly with the possibility that it'll be more close to 9-10 books in the end depending on how story flows. The Ashes of the Fallen Series is an experiment for me, and that experiment is that I'm writing somewhat formula fantasy fiction, a first for me.

The second project I'm working on is my Feeble Magician Series.  It was originally intended to be a children's book, and then it started turning away from that.  The original idea behind Feeble Magician is that I wanted an Inu Yasha styled story set in a European Fantasy setting; but it turned out to be a creature all it's own.  And for a while I thought perhaps it'd not be good as a book; but better served in the medium of a manga/graphic novel.   I have since revised that opinion a little, on merits of money.   I'll probably never see a manga or anime of Feeble Magician due to lack of capital and finances.   So I decided to further expand my experiment and see what will sell better for me.   I am going to release both the first novel of Feeble Magician at the same time I release the first novel for Ashes of the Fallen and see which sells better.  If either sell at all.

Feeble Magician is not as well planned out as Ashes of the Fallen, but I have rough ideas of what it should be like as I've written it half way through many times and each time I think it gets a little better when I return to the project as I think and hope I am improving in my Craft as I get older and more experience.   I'll update this when I have more to say on my writing.  Until then look forward to Horror of Hellgarde which should be coming out soon as I have the money to make the final payments on the cover.  The cover is looking great so far and hope more people will check out my Friar Fisher series.

And I leave you with a very tiny snippet from the rough draft for my first Feeble Magician book:

"
Detestable, everything about the situation; his lodgings, the unexpected foul weather, the condition of the inn and it’s women.  He had taken note of the name, the Broken Blade, and to Garien’s surprise much of the furniture was in sore need of repair. Garien had taken note of the name to ensure to never stop into this inn again the next time he passed through Morr’s Landing.  Over the counter that served as the main counter for the barkeep were the pieces of a shattered long sword mounted on a black plaque.   Obviously this was meant to be the blade from which the Inn took it’s name.    No doubt there was some great tale around it being the blade of some great hero that felled a mighty demon or even a dragon, shattering as both foes died in the final conflict.    Or some other tall tale, inns were usually full of them, it was one way they tried to draw in business with these outlandish tales.  Tales that Garien the Magnificent Mage of Arapol found laughable against the cruel fates he had to endure since departing The University of the Mystical Arts of the Arcane Mysteries, that was more commonly known as the Wizard Academy by the simple and common folk.
"

No comments:

Post a Comment