Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Update On In the Shadows



Update On Ashes of the Fallen's First Book, In the Shadows.


Finished Chapter Ten and started Chapter Eleven for In the Shadows, first book of the Ashes of the Fallen Series of books I'm working on.   The word count is now at 21,898.  Which means I am now at novella territory, a first for me to have a story with that many words.   I just need roughly another 10,000 (in general) to 20,000 (fantasy/sf novel) words to reach a word count that's considered novel length.  If it goes over the 20,000 that'll still be cool with me as it's more important to have a novel length that finishes the first book properly rather then meeting an exact word count to me.   


I hope I have this book is finished soon, and hope to work more on some other projects; but want to get the first draft of this written up in this new story line. Originally this was written up; but I've altered things very drastically from that initial draft.  The series had never finished itself where I was posting it up on the art site I used to frequent.  That first version moved faster then this one.  I slowed it down, as I had wanted to have more of the right feel instead of trying to rush to scenes I longed to write and enjoyed writing.   

No comments:

Post a Comment