Friday, May 16, 2014

Start of Chapter 18

I finished Chapter 17 today of In The Shadows.  I also got a good start on Chapter 18 of it.  I'm hoping to have this first book finished by the end of summer.  I think that's a realistic goal.  However it might take me a while to save up for the cover art.  I was thinking maybe this time since I was going to wait until I had a complete first draft of Geometry of Souls finished before I e-publish In the Shadows I might also save up to have some inside art or maybe have an artist redraw a better version of the map I drew up for the world of Ashes of the Fallen. 

Here is a very tiny snippet from Chapter 18:

  "Why do you keep calling me that?  What does meöd chik even mean?"  Margan inquired as he took a shallow sip from the mug. 
   She grinned at him, "Honey boy....roughly.  Now don't be takin' offense.  Is what ja are as far as these eyes can tell.   But know who ja are, Margan of Andars.  Going to cut straight to point here.  Da winds be stirring.  Whether good or ill omen I do not know.  But by my warrior's tail I have a feeling ja have some hand in it.  Trouble brewing and it be my job to watch out for dat.  See how wind blows and try to take best advantage of it for my people.  I am deir representative in Norens.  So what part ja play?"
    "Don't your spies tell you."  Margan petulantly remarked as he pushed the mug away from himself.
   Her finger traced along the top of her mug, "Spies only see so much.  Dey cannot see into hearts and minds so well.  Perhaps ja tell me what ja knows."
_________________

I'll type more when I have more to say.


No comments:

Post a Comment