Monday, January 15, 2018

Part of last night's discussion with Coauthor on Wurm's Blood

I was talking with my coauthor after working on it with him, when I told him that originally due to what the idea behind Eldgrim and Wurm's Blood had been the story had been meant to be a lot darker, especially the ending which has changed because I think I enjoyed my coauthor's idea more then my own, which lightened the original ending.  But he told me that if I had wanted a truly dark ending it would not be the one I described to him, which I will not mention here as it may give away the ending.  Needless to say I will say what ending he had suggested would have been darker but not my own.  He intimated to me to be darker when Dagmar asked for Rambert to fulfill his part as she had done hers he would have simply killed her, releasing her from the Curse and then Eldgrim and Rambert would go to her village and collect their reward for having saved Dagmar.  But of course for that ending to work they'd also have to kill Eckerd as he would not sit idle while Dagmar was murdered.  Which I do have to admit is pretty damn dark. 

Part of the original idea behind Wurm's Blood or at least the character of Eldgrim had been what if someone like me had been born in a world similar to the one in the anime/manga Berserk.  Though in the end the world is not based in the Berserk world but in a roughly German mythological one with a few twists and spins on mythology from other nations/countries.

No comments:

Post a Comment